Sunday, November 27, 2011

S'mores Pie

Here is a fun twist on a childhood favorite- no campfire required!
S'mores Pie was published in Parents Magazine back in August 2003.  I tore the recipe out, tucked it away and forgot about it until recently.  I tried it a week ago as a "birthday cake" for my friend Heather. I wanted to blog about it then in case you were looking for a quick Thanksgiving dessert, but for the sake of full disclosure there was some wine consumed before finishing part 2 of the recipe (it was Heather's birthday after all) and I think I rushed to finish :-).  I didn't heat the fudge long enough and instead of a "drizzle" on the pie it was more of a "glob".  My friend Mary McCool (yes, that's really her last name) said the finished product wasn't good enough to photograph for this blog and she was right.  I made it again a few days later for Thanksgiving. This time I took some extra time heating the fudge in the microwave and used a fork to drizzle it. I also did the ice cream part the night before, and it set better than doing it 3 hours prior as the recipe suggests.  Again, it was a hit.  This is super easy and fast.  It's Tried and True and for sure a keeper!






S'more Pie
2 pints of good Chocolate-chip ice cream, softened
1 graham-cracker piecrust
1 cup of marshmallow spread (I used Smucker's it pours easier than Fluff)
1/2 cup of hot-fudge sauce warmed (I put the glass jar into the microwave to warm- keep an eye on it so it doesn't burn though)
Mini Marshmallows

1. In a large bowl, stir ice cream with a spoon until smooth.
Spoon into crust, pressing to compact and mounding slightly in center.  Wrap in plastic, and freeze for at least 3 hours (I found over night is better).

2. When ready to serve, remove plastic wrap and smooth marshmallow spread over ice cream.  Drizzle with fudge sauce, top with mini marshmallows and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs